EXHIBITING Terms & conditions
- Application for membership of Ealing BEAT and to exhibit as part of Ealing BEAT shall be made in accordance with these stated Terms & Conditions.
- All applications must be made and received within the publicised time scale each year. An application will only be deemed completed when full monies are paid and cleared and all required information has been received and checked as being in accordance with requirements. Membership and exhibiting fees will be determined each year by the BEAT Steering Committee.
- Decisions on all membership matters lie ultimately with the BEAT Steering Committee or its nominees.
- Should an applicant subsequently decide to withdraw his/her application or decide not to exhibit for whatever reason, a refund will only be given under the conditions.
- The request for a refund is received prior to the end of April in any year. No refunds will be payable outside that deadline.
- A 20% administrative charge will be levied on ALL refunds.
- It may be possible to defer an application to exhibit to the following year as long as a request to do so is notified prior to the end of April in any year. In this instance Ealing BEAT will retain the exhibiting fee paid and transfer it to the subsequent year. Any difference in or additional exhibition fees for the subsequent year will however be payable and a new membership fee will be due for the subsequent year.
- Open Studio exhibitions and displaying in venues organised by Ealing BEAT are the sole responsibility of those displaying. Ealing BEAT shall not be responsible for providing any resources for such displays (e.g. plinths; screens; browsers etc.
- As a member of Ealing BEAT you will be expected to assist with publicity e.g. by distributing flyers around your local neighbourhood in good time for the event. You will be given a stock of flyers and posters publishing the event as well as an Open Studio banner to hang outside your venue.
- It is the responsibility of the displaying artist/s to ensure that their exhibition space is safe and accessible to all and that their work is displayed in an appropriate manner.
- Ealing BEAT in no way condones work that might be inappropriate and/or offensive or objectionable to any third party and reserves the right to have such work excluded from exhibitions held under the auspices of Ealing BEAT.
- Ealing BEAT is not responsible in any way for the sales of any artwork that artists and third parties may engage in.
- All artwork sold as part of any event organised by BEAT must be original and the sole work of the named artist.
- All artists are responsible for insuring their own work and Ealing BEAT will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any work, howsoever caused.
- All artists are encouraged to take out Public Liability Insurance when exhibiting whether in their own home, studio or workspace or in a venue provided /organised by Ealing BEAT.
- Ealing BEAT will bear no responsibility for any issues relating to visitors to such premises.
- As a fully paid-up individual exhibitor with your own venue, you are entitled to an individual profile on the BEAT website. You are responsible for the input and accuracy of your details on the website.
- If you are exhibiting only as part of a group i.e. you do not have your own venue and have only paid the £5 membership fee plus the £5 exhibiting fee – then to have an individual profile on the BEAT website will cost £25..
- BEAT makes every effort to comply with all relevant Data Protection legislation with regard to information held about all exhibiting members.
As part of your application to exhibit with BEAT, you will provide certain personal details. These details may be published in the BEAT brochure; be included on your web page on the BEAT website and held on the BEAT members database and email listings as appropriate.
In accordance with Data Protection legislation, any member may request to view all data held about them by BEAT and request changes to be made.
- By applying to take part in Ealing BEAT Open Studio events, you are agreeing to abide by these Terms & Conditions.